· By law, nearly 1,000 television stations across the country are required to move frequencies to make room for wireless internet broadband services.
· As a result, Comet TV (WXBU 15.2) is moving frequencies on December 29, 2017
· Viewers who watch TV over the air with an antenna will need to rescan their TV sets when we move to our new frequency.
· Because stations are required to move at different times, viewers may have to rescan more than once (each time a station in their market changes frequencies).
· Viewers will not need to purchase any new equipment or services.
· This move is happening behind the scenes, so the channel number viewers know will not change.
· Recently, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) held an auction to reallocate TV broadcast airwaves for wireless internet broadband services.
· At the conclusion of the auction, the FCC determined that nearly 1,000 TV stations must move frequencies to make room for wireless internet carriers.
· As required by the FCC, TV stations will be moving frequencies at different times starting in 2017 through at least the spring of 2020.
· This may require viewers who use an antenna to watch TV to rescan more than once – each time a local station changes frequencies.
· Viewers will need to take simple steps to rescan their television sets when Comet TV (WXBU 15.2) and others in our market move frequencies. They will not need to purchase new equipment or services.
· Viewers who subscribe to cable or satellite television will not have to rescan – their service provider will do this for them.
· Rescanning is a simple process: select "scan" or "autotune" from your TV or converter box control menu to start the scanning process. Instructions are usually available by pressing the "set-up" or "menu" buttons on your remote control.
· Viewers should also stay tuned to this station and visit our website, CBS21.com for more information on our transition to a new frequency.
· Viewers can also visit TVAnswers.org to learn more, such as how to rescan their televisions and when all their local stations are moving frequencies. They can also sign-up for mobile alerts and email updates on changes that may affect them.
· Our station remains committed to ensuring our viewers have access to the news, emergency updates and entertainment they rely on us to deliver every day. We want to make this transition as easy as possible for them.
· After hooking up a converter box to your TV set or installing a new digital TV, you will need to scan for new channels to ensure you receive all the digital stations broadcasting in your area. While some boxes do this automatically, you may need to select "scan" manually. You should rescan on a periodic basis to get all of the digital programming available. To re-scan your TV: 1) Press the Menu button on your converter box, converter box remote, HDTV, or HDTV remote, 2) Go to Setup or Settings, 3) Go to Installation or System or Channels, 4) Go to Scan Channels, Program Channels, Autoscan, Autoprogram or Autotuning, and 5) Press Select or Enter or OK to scan. Once the scan is complete, you should be receiving digital channels through your antenna.
Howard Stirk Media (HSM) is a one of a kind PR:Media firm. As a public relations firm our expertise and relationships spans across all arenas. We have worked with clients in all areas, including politics, entertainment, sports, and business.
- HSM produces a multitude of recurring & diverse nationally syndicated programming; delivered via an array of platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms.
- We own & operate the largest minority owned television broadcast group in the nation; this makes messaging and programming distribution seamless.
- We have over 30 years of experience in Public Relations, and as a client you can be sure we have forged the relationships necessary for you to have a successful media campaign, increase brand awareness, or deal with crisis.
Earned media is crucial to your reputation and it’s the center of every client program. Even as reporters and bloggers move daily, HS Media’s hard won reputation means those relationships travel and translate into consistent coverage.
Infographics. Videos. White Papers. Blog Posts. Case Studies. You name it, we deliver it – any content that supports PR and Marketing. From concept design to final execution, developed by account staff in concert with our internal Creative Team.
Crisis communications starts with planning. Our process guides clients from plan creation to real-time monitoring and issue escalation, through longer term issues management. Be it a B2B software hack, a SaaS outage or a B2C product recall, HS Media can navigate the storm.
The story is only as good as the messenger. It’s a journey from “marketing speak” to compelling interviews that the media trust. HS Media coaches your executives along the path, from phone interview basics to broadcast readiness, in small group and individual sessions.
With pay-for-play on the rise, the coveted earned speaking gig is of high value. HS Media’s clients have keynoted at White House events, moderated panels at NAB and appeared onstage at the CES Conference. We know the coordinators, the agendas and the messages that translate into stage time.
Defining your story. Being compelling. Being concise. Answering “why should you care about my company” starts with messaging. HS Media develops your voice for every audience (prospects, customers, employees, board members, the Street) and every platform (website, blog, social channels, media).
Thought leaders are created, not born. They have vision, real opinions and the guts to stand out. The most successful ones also have a PR team that sniffs out story ideas, creates opportunities for new insights and makes theoretical ideas come to life.
Media just doesn’t attend as many live events these days. HS Media times and positions your news to stand out, knows which reporters will “cover” events remotely, and seamlessly integrates social media strategies to get the most out of each event.
Launches shouldn’t be one-time events, rather the tent pole for much bigger campaigns. HS Media’s approach pulls in your initial audience via thought leadership, preconditions the market pre-launch, and extends the value and life of your launch over multiple quarters.
HS Media has a strong, deep network of more than 60 trusted, rock star agency partners within all key territories, spanning 40 different countries. Alongside our partners we are regularly executing cross-border campaigns for a third of our existing client base.
HOWARD STIRK HOLDINGS JOURNALISM FOUNDATIONS
The Howard Stirk Holdings Journalism Foundation was established in 2015 to provide financial support to college students interested in broadcasting, journalism, and marketing. The Fund plans to award up to 10 scholarships of up to $5,000 each per year for the next ten years to students from under-represented minority groups who need financial assistance to complete their education.